Friday, September 17, 2010

Kirby's Epic Yarn has Gameplay Details Revealed - Still Cute as Heck


I've always been late to the game when it comes to the Kirby games. I only discovered his super Nintendo entries when I was balls deep into the N64 as a child. They were delightfully fun, although spinoffs made it clear that deviations from the standard side-scrolling Kirby formula don't work too well - at least for me.

So I am pretty much super excited for the new release titled "Kirby's Epic Yarn." Not only is it completely adorable, but it adheres to the classic side-scrolling secret-revealing formula. Nintento revealed that by collecting little buttons you can reveal other levels that are supposed to provide a greater challenge. But that is not the only thing in store.

Kirby, having been turned into a hollow yarn outline by some evil... Yarn Wizard?... can't suck in enemies the way he used to. Cause he's hollow! So instead you have a yarn whip utility that unwinds enemies and - excitingly - parts of the background, revealing who knows what. ALSO confirmed is a co-op mode where the other player is basically a blue kirby with a crown. Exciting!

I wish I had more details, but honestly I'm a little wrapped up in just how awesome the idea of a new Kirby game is. Is anyone else as pumped as me? Or are you concerned about the new Gameplay features?


No comments:

Post a Comment